Our Chiropractors Alleviate Pain with Non-Surgical Therapies
Chiropractic care is a form of alternative medicine that focuses on the manipulation of the musculoskeletal and nervous systems with a primary focus on the spine. It is a non-invasive, conservative form of therapy that is a useful alternative to surgery or pain-reducing medication. It is often used to treat lower back and neck pain. It can also be helpful for a wide variety of ailments such as arm or leg pain, decreased mobility or chronic headaches.
What to Expect When Visiting Our Chiropractors
The first visit to a chiropractor will involve an initial assessment and diagnosis. This is done by conducting a patient intake interview as well as asking a series of questions about current and past health and levels of pain or mobility. The chiropractor will also perform a series of small diagnostics to test the range of motion, reflexes and muscle tone and strength. On occasion, more formal testing may also be performed or requested such as x-rays or even an MRI to get a clear picture of the spine’s health. Treatment involves the gentle manipulation of the spine to correct misalignments or irregularities. Typically, chiropractic care involves adjustments and therapies to improve mobility through the use of manual and computerized modalities.
- Manipulation Under Anesthesia: For more extreme cases or acute pain, manipulation under anesthesia can be a useful form of treatment. This procedure is performed in a hospital with a team of practitioners, doctors and anesthesiologists. The techniques used while under anesthesia involve a series of specific spinal manipulations, passive stretches and specific maneuvers to help break up fibrous tissue surrounding the spinal cord.
- Chiropractic Care for Children: Chiropractic care for children is not only safe but can help alleviate a wide range of different issues. Child birth and falls during early childhood can affect the spinal health of a child and cause a variety of issues relating to colic, headaches, bedwetting and more.
Benefits of Routine Chiropractic Care
The benefits of chiropractic care include improved mobility, a decrease in pain and alleviation of chronic headaches. It is also one of the safest drug-free and non-invasive therapies to treat these types of issues. Some patients report mild soreness or aching after a chiropractic treatment.
- Improved nerve communication
- Improved joint motion, balance and coordination
- Increased body function and performance
- Improved posture
The Total Health Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Center’s Difference
Chiropractic care is one form of therapy that is used in our comprehensive and customized approach to improve overall wellness. With specialists in a wide variety of modalities, we create overall health plans that can pair chiropractic care with physical therapy, massage and acupuncture.
Our patients report an experience of relief from many chronic issues including:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Pinched nerve
- Whiplash and auto injuries
- Degenerative disc disease, herniated discs, bulging discs
- Immune system issues
- Numbness, tingling, pain in the extremities