Facet Syndrome Treatment in Florham Park
Facet joint syndrome, or osteoarthritis, is a condition which affects the facet joints in the spine. These joints are crucial to movement; they enable people to bend and turn smoothly. People with facet syndrome experience swelling and the deterioration of the cartilage that allows these joints to move with ease. As a result, pain ensues and movement becomes much more complex. Treatment of facet joint symptoms is helpful in restoring mobility and reducing pain. While there are many treatment options available, the most effective method is determined based on individual circumstances including the cause and the patient’s health.
Possible Symptoms of Facet Syndrome
Facet joint pain symptoms are usually fairly consistent among sufferers. Commonly noted symptoms include pain in the groin, buttocks, flank, lower back and back of the thighs. This pain may also radiate down the back of the leg, reaching the knee. This makes bending backward painful or difficult. Typically, facet joint pain symptoms occur sporadically rather than consistently.
Diagnosing Facet Syndrome
To diagnose facet syndrome, your healthcare professional will begin by evaluating your prior medical concerns and any underlying conditions. If facet syndrome is suspected, a number of different tests can secure a diagnosis. The most common diagnostic tools include an x-ray, CT scans and a facet joint block. If the results indicate abnormal changes in the facet joints, it is likely that facet syndrome will be diagnosed and treatment can begin.
Facet Syndrome Treatment Options at Our Integrated Medical Center
- DRX9000 Spinal Decompression: A nonsurgical treatment option for facet syndrome, spinal decompression alleviates pain associated with the condition by gently stretching the spine and decreasing pressure. This method allows the discs to properly realign in their natural spaces.
- Acupuncture: By triggering the body to release endorphins, a natural pain relief hormone, pain associated with facet syndrome is decreased while the balance and flow of energy through the body are restored.
- Chiropractic Care: Through manual spinal manipulation and adjustments, the spine and discs in the back are able to revert back to their natural position to decrease pain and elicit healing.
- Physical Therapy: This treatment option includes a combination of exercise, training and mechanical force, which are paired together to restore balance and mobility.
- Injection Therapy: This is a simple treatment option frequently paired with physical therapy that includes receiving a small injection to alleviate pain and help restore function to the affected area.
The Total Health Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Center’s Difference
Total Health Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Center offers treatment of facet joint pain symptoms based on your individual needs and health concerns. With a comprehensive care plan tailored specifically to you, you can focus on improving your overall health and the healing process can begin.