Headaches and Migraines in Florham Park
The term “headache” is a broad term used to describe an array of painful sensations that occur in numerous regions throughout the head. Migraines in particular are a severe form of headaches that plague around 13 percent of the US adult population, with many sufferers experiencing chronic migraines (15 or more episodes per month). There are a number of causes for headaches including underlying conditions, stress and prolonged exposure to loud noise, fatigue or an incorrect eyeglass prescription. Treatment of migraine headaches or other headache pain can provide immediate and lasting relief. The most effective treatment approach will ultimately be dependent upon the cause, severity and other specific case factors.
Possible Symptoms of Headaches and Migraines
Aside from the dull, sharp or throbbing pain in your head, your symptoms may vary widely. Migraine sufferers in particular often experience numerous symptoms including blurred vision, sensitivity to light, nausea, loss of appetite and an inability to concentrate or complete tasks. While these complaints are among the most common, it is not unusual to experience other symptoms as well.
Diagnosing Headaches and Migraines
Infrequently experienced headaches are often self-diagnosed. However, recurrent headaches will require further evaluation. Your doctor will likely ask a series of questions in relation to your headaches to rule out any underlying illnesses and to determine the cause and type of your headaches. Generally, a doctor can diagnose and determine the cause of your headaches without much medical intervention. In some cases, advanced imaging and other diagnostic tools may be necessary.
Options for Those Who Suffer from Headaches and Migraines
The latest technology provided at Total Health Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Center is combined with alternative therapies to provide immediate relief to our patients who suffer from headaches and migraines.
- Chiropractic Care: Manual spinal manipulation is effective in treating headaches including tension headaches with neck pain and migraines.
- Acupuncture: The strategic insertion of thin needles prompts the body to release endorphins, which provides immediate pain relief to those seeking treatment of migraine headache pain.
- Physical Therapy: Headaches that are associated with an injury may be relieved through physical therapy techniques that restore proper function to the injured area.
- Deep Tissue Class IV Laser: This FDA-approved treatment utilizes laser energy to increase circulation and regenerate cells. As a result, pain and inflammation are relieved and the healing process is accelerated.
- Spinal Decompression DRX9000 System: Certain conditions associated with the spine are known to cause headaches. Decompressing the spine effectively treats spinal problems while also eliminating headaches and other side effects
The Total Health Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Center’s Difference
Total Health Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Center believes strongly in working closely with patients to develop a comprehensive treatment plan that focuses on restoring total health and wellness, including the effective treatment of migraine headache pain.