Leg Pain Treatment in Florham Park
Leg pain is a general term that is used to describe any pain or discomfort that is experienced from below the hip to the ankle. The pain can be localized in areas such as the shin or can affect the entire limb. Many sufferers have pain that is occasional and mild while others experience chronic pain that rarely wavers. Leg pain causes are plentiful, from sports-related injuries to a number of illnesses. The cause will play a large part in the type of pain experienced. Relief from leg pain can be achieved by seeking treatment options that are tailored to the severity and type of pain experienced and your overall health.
Possible Symptoms of Leg Pain
The underlying causes of leg pain ultimately dictate the symptoms that are encountered. It is common for individuals with reported leg pain to feel throbbing, aching, tingling, cramping or numbness in the affected leg. Although less common, there may be a loss of range of motion and flexibility along with weakness, instability and difficulty walking.
Diagnosing Leg Pain
As leg pain is a general condition, the diagnosis will consist of identifying the causes of leg pain. In the event that the pain is the result of an injury, X-Rays, MRIs and CAT scans along with a physical examination may be sufficient enough to identify any damage to the leg. If the symptoms you are experiencing are more in line with specific medical conditions or diseases, your healthcare provider will need to perform a more intensive investigation to discover the reason behind your pain. This may include using advanced imaging diagnostics to assess any impairment to the nerves, ligaments, bones or muscles.
- Physical Therapy: A combination of exercise, training and mechanical force are paired together to restore balance and mobility.
- Acupuncture: A fundamental aspect of Eastern Medicine, acupuncture is practiced by healthcare professionals around the world due to its ability to eliminate pain with natural endorphins.
- Class IV Deep Tissue Laser Therapy: This non-surgical procedure makes use of a strong laser to reach deep into the tissue in the leg where cells are then stimulated and encouraged to regenerate.
- Custom Orthotics: Custom orthotics, designed to properly align the foot and ankle, may be prescribed in some cases to alleviate pain and provide added support to the feet and legs.
- Chiropractic Care: Gentle manipulation of the spine and neck is beneficial in reducing inflammation and relieving pain in the back and legs.
The Total Health Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Center’s Difference
Total Health Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Center takes a unique approach to treating leg pain causes by offering non-surgical, comprehensive solutions that promote healing and wellness.